- Country: Australia
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Offered by: University of Melbourne
- Institutions: University of Melbourne
- Type: Partial and Fully funded scholarship
- Degree Program: Undergraduate
- Scholarship Amount: $10,000
One of the many scholarships offered by the University of Melbourne is the International Undergraduate Scholarship. The institution initially developed the program to recognize the importance of international students to the university’s student population diversity.
Except for New Zealand and Australia, students from all other countries are eligible for the award. The university designed the program exclusively for international students, allowing them to continue higher education without worrying about their financial requirements.
Every year, the scholarship is awarded to outstanding students from all around the world. Admission is granted to highly driven students based on the student’s previous achievements, with a focus on academic performance.
Upon receiving the grant, students will have $10,000 of the first-year tuition fee covered. Students will be eligible for 50% tuition reimbursement for the next three years. On the other hand, top-performing students may be eligible for full tuition remission at the University of Melbourne if they achieve academic excellence.
According to official statements, the University of Melbourne is committed to providing international students with the chance to learn at a world-class institution. It also aims to help them during their studies.
However, applicants must meet the criteria below to be eligible for the grant.
- The scholarship is only available for international students.
- Students from Australia and New Zealand cannot apply for the scholarship.
- Students must complete secondary school with excellent grades.
- According to US high school systems, applicants must have a GPA of 3.9, an SAT of at least 1,500, and an ACT of at least 31
- According to Canadian secondary school systems, the scholarships require an average score of 97%
- For international applicants, an average of 90% is required to be eligible for the grant.
- Applicants must not have undertaken any previous tertiary studies.
- Applicants must receive an offering letter from the University of Melbourne.
Students are no longer required to apply for the International Undergraduate Scholarship. After obtaining a letter for an unconditional scholarship offer, eligible students are automatically considered for the grant.
The scholarship covers all degree programs the university has to offer. Applicants can freely choose an undergraduate course when applying because there is no specific degree program that the scholarship requires.
Approximately 50-1000 scholarships are awarded to eligible students annually. The university is very generous in giving out grants to students who deserve them as a way to recognize their contribution to the university’s diversity.