Are you an international student looking to study in Germany? If so, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships can help you finance your higher education in Germany.
- Country of origin: Germany
- Funded by: German Universities
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Master’s degree program & doctoral program.
- Duration: 2 years for master’s degree & 3 years for Ph.D.
- Deadline: The 15th of July every year
A brief introduction
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. There are two scholarships available: one for masters and one for Ph.D. Both types of these scholarships provide a monthly stipend to cover tuition fees & cover accommodation costs in Germany. There are other opportunities within their Foundation, such as internships or fellowships, which may suit your needs better, so it’s worth taking a look at those too!
What does the scholarship cover?
- The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students.
- Scholarships are provided for master’s degree & Ph.D. programs.
- These scholarships will provide a monthly stipend of € 850 for masters and € 1,200 for Ph.D., covering tuition fees and accommodation.
- This scholarship provides health insurance of up to €120 per month.
- A family allowance of € 276 and your spouse living with you in Germany
Who can apply for the scholarship?
- The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities and religions.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old, have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and be under 35 years old by the time they commence their studies.
- Applicants must also possess a good command of English & German or any other language used in the country of study.
- Must have good academic records from the home institution with a GPA (Grade Point Average) above 3.0 out of 4.0.
- Candidates will not be eligible if they are receiving another scholarship or grant for their studies as well as this one.
- Find more details on https://www.kas.de/en/web/begabtenfoerderung-und-kultur/auslaenderfoerderung
How to apply for the scholarship?
- Please follow the instructions as follows:
- Fill out the scholarship application form official website.
- Submit a motivation letter of no more than two pages along with your application
- Your CV is required.
- A translated copy of your academic certificates if the original is not in English.
- If you have been studying at a German university, please provide information about your academic performance.
- Submit proof of German language proficiency
- What is the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung?
The Konrad-Adenauer Stiftung is a German political foundation and thinks tank founded in 1953 by the first Chancellor of West Germany, the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) politician Konrad Adenauer. The Foundation’s goal is to promote understanding between the peoples of Europe.
- Why do they offer scholarships to international students?
For decades, CDU has worked towards establishing and strengthening good relationships with both European & international partners. They have a long tradition as an open party that supports dialogue with other cultures and religions.
With these scholarships, students can explore new ideas in a unique environment while learning about the political climate of one of the world’s most influential countries. So be sure to apply before the deadline then if interested!