- University: Kiel University
- Host Country: Germany
- Course Level: Any degree level
- Award: Tuition fees and/or living cost
- Nationality: German and international students
- Deadline: 31st July 2023/31st Jan 2024
Kiel scholarships are available to undergraduates and graduates who wish to study at Kiel University and earn high-level qualifications in business, industry, economics, law, and engineering. The Kiel scholarship is awarded solely based on academic merit. Full-time students will be covered for up to eight semesters, which translates to four years. This scholarship includes both master’s and doctorate degrees. Scholarships are available to all students as long as they meet the eligibility requirements. The money is deposited directly into your account, so you don’t have to wait around for paperwork or apply separately for financial aid.
What are the different fully funded Kiel university scholarships?
There are many different scholarships available through Kiel University, but it is important to note that not all scholarships are fully funded. If you plan to apply for a scholarship through Kiel, read through the information closely.
1.Friedrich Ebert Stiftung scholarships
These scholarships are offered by the Friedrich Ebert Foundation and cover tuition and living costs during your studies at Kiel University. You can complete the application process for these scholarships online.
2.German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarship
The DAAD scholarship has two levels, Level A and Level B. Level A, requires the applicant to be enrolled in their last year of study or graduate-level coursework. Level B requires applicants to be enrolled in their first year of study or graduate-level coursework. As part of the requirements, students must also provide proof that they have been admitted to an educational institution in Germany and will attend it for a minimum of one academic year. Applicants must also demonstrate proficiency in German language skills by providing results from standardized tests such as DELE, DSD I/II, or TELC, etc.
Successful applicants can receive partial funding through the PROMOS scholarship. Since it only covers tuition, students who need help with housing and living expenses while attending school must find financing elsewhere. You can complete the application process for this scholarship in three steps. First, applicants fill out the general form; second, candidates need to specify their education plans; third, submit documents. If you are interested in obtaining a scholarship through Kiel University, please see our blog post, Scholarships at Kiel University, for more details!
- 1st March 2023 – funding possible from 1st June 2023
- 1st June 2023 – funding possible from 1st September 2023
- 1st October 2023 – funding possible from 1st January 2024
Facilities Covered Under the Kiel University Scholarship
The Kiel University scholarship covers living expenses in on-campus housing, meals in any of our four dining halls, and laundry facilities. Transportation to campus is also included. The scholarship does not cover a parking permit, but off-campus housing may be available for a nominal fee. The Kiel University scholarship does not cover travel or other miscellaneous expenses such as medical insurance.
A monthly allowance will be paid towards course-related books and supplies, though those will vary depending on your courses. You can use these funds at both on-campus stores and off-campus bookstores. Wireless internet access is provided at no cost to all Kiel students, so long as they have their student ID card while using it.
To be eligible for the Kiel University scholarship candidate needs to fulfill the following criteria:
- Citizens from Germany and all other countries.
- You must have a minimum 3.0 GPA,
- Be enrolled in or have completed at least one course with Kiel University and demonstrate financial need.
- There is no limit to how many scholarships you can apply for, but each application must be submitted separately by the deadline.
- Students are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible after registering for their first class with Kiel University so that they can ensure that their application has been processed before the deadline.
- Applicants will also receive a confirmation email after submitting their form, which they should print out and bring on campus when applying for classes.
- Applications will not be accepted without this confirmation email, so applicants must read it carefully before submitting their forms online!
How to Apply?
The scholarship application is available on the university’s website. Applicants must submit their online application, a current resume, and a one-page essay. The essay should address why they are applying for the scholarship and what they hope to gain from it. When submitting an essay, applicants should adhere to all formatting requirements outlined on the university’s website. Two members of Kiel University’s faculty will evaluate all essays submitted. Scholarships will then be awarded to four students with the highest overall scores.
How to write an essay for a Kiel University scholarship?
A good essay for a Kiel University scholarship should include the following:
- A brief introduction about yourself (tell us about your background, why you want to study at Kiel, and what you hope to achieve in the future)
- Detail your academic performance (share information such as grades, extracurricular activities, and awards)
- Why you deserve the scholarship (why are you different from other applicants?)
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 yrs?
- Submit three references (people who can attest to your qualifications).
- Submit an official copy of your transcript with an English translation.
- Include contact details (email address, phone number).
- Write the text of your essay in no more than two pages, including any necessary headings or subheadings
- Proofread carefully!
- Include a short biographical sketch
Mandatory documents for Kiel University scholarship?
To be eligible for the Kiel University scholarship, you need the following:
-A complete application form
-Evidence of successful completion of a minimum of one year of postsecondary studies with a GPA
-A completed personal statement with an essay detailing what led you to apply for the Kiel University scholarship. The essay should be no more than three pages in length. Include any obstacles that have or may get in your way of achieving your goals and how you will overcome them. Finally, share how attending Kiel University can help you reach your goal(s).
Selection procedure for Kiel University scholarship
To be considered for a Kiel University scholarship, students must submit the following documentation:
1) Online application
2) recent high school or college transcripts
3) 2 letters of recommendation.
Letters of recommendation should be from teachers, coaches, or counselors who are in direct contact with the applicant regularly and can attest to their character and academic work ethic. The letter should include information about why they believe the applicant is worthy of this scholarship opportunity. Letters may also provide additional information, such as extracurricular activities, leadership roles, and community service hours, that will assist in making this decision.