Are you an international student looking to study abroad in Indonesia? Have you heard about the Indonesian Government KNB Scholarships but aren’t sure if they’re right for you? Know the details here…
- Country of origin: Indonesia
- Funded by: Indonesian Government
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Bachelor’s, Master’s degree & Doctoral program
- Duration: Depending on the length of the course
- Deadline: On 20th Apr every year
What is the Indonesian Government KNB Scholarship?
The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang is a scholarship offered by the Indonesian government. It provides full scholarships for international students who want to pursue undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral studies in Indonesia. The scholarship provides a monthly stipend and covers tuition fees as well as living expenses. Interested applicants must provide a detailed proposal explaining why they are applying for the scholarship and what they plan on doing during their stay in Indonesia.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
- The scholarship is open to international students from any country who wish to study in Indonesia. 2. There are no restrictions on the field of study, nor the type of degree being pursued by the applicant
- The program is open to students from all countries and fields of study
- English proficiency test scores should be TOEFL (minimum IBT 90), IELTS (minimum 6.5), or TOEIC (minimum 600)
- For undergraduates, the age limit is 25, for masters, 35, and for doctorates, 40.
How much is the scholarship worth?
- KNB Indonesian Government Scholarships offer the following privileges:
- Student Settlement Allowance: New students in Indonesia will receive IDR 1,250,000 upon arrival
- Allowances per month:
- An allowance of 2,550,000 IDR as living expenses
- IDR 400,000 as an allowance for research
- An allowance of 350,000 IDR for books
- There is also health insurance worth IDR 200,000 included.
- International economy class round-trip ticket from an international student’s home country to Indonesia and back.
How can I apply for the scholarship?
- You can apply for the Kemitraan Negara Berkembang scholarships by filling out a scholarship application form & submitting it on the website. The form asks you questions about your personal information, academic background, & goals.
- Go to the website & download the invitation letter.
- If you want to be considered for the Indonesia Government KNB Scholarship Program, make sure that you submit your application before the deadline.
- Submit all the required documents & complete the application process
- The final selection results will be announced on the official website & in publications of the Indonesian embassy.
Required Documents Include:
- Passport (photocopy)
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of TOEFL score
- Transcripts from previous studies
- Two letters of recommendation are required
- A letter of recommendation from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country is also required
- Medical fitness certificates are compulsory
1. What Happens After I Submit My Application?
Once your application is complete and submitted, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission. You will then receive a letter from the Ministry of Education requesting that you upload certain documents in order to process your application for approval by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Religion, and Ministry of Home Affairs. Your acceptance letter will be mailed to you within 4 weeks after approval by all three ministries.
2. What Kinds of Subjects Are Available?
You can choose from any program in various fields.
3. Where Will My Study Take Place?
Students who are accepted into this scholarship will have their education at one of Indonesia’s government universities, with their studies taking place there.
4. When Do Classes Start?
Classes start depending on your program.
5. How Long Are the Classes?
Classes are typically 8 hours per day Monday through Friday. There may be opportunities for classes on weekends, but these depend upon what subject you study and where it takes place.
6. Which Language Should I Speak In Class?
All courses are taught in English or Bahasa Indonesia; however, if English is not your native language, it may take time to get used to the accent of Indonesian speakers.
If you’re interested in studying abroad, make sure to check out the Indonesian Government KNB Scholarships. Visit the official website https://knb.kemdikbud.go.id/ for more details!