The Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is one of the most extensive scholarship programs in the United States of America. It helps high school students who have endured and overcome significant challenges in their young lives. The District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and all fifty states provide the National Scholarship to eligible applicants. The University rewards students with scholarships who have the character to thrive. Moreover, it supports students in overcoming the financial obstacles to higher education.
The Summary of Horatio Alger’s scholarship
Country: United States of America
Scholarship Type: Need-based
Offered by: Horatio Alger Association Scholarship Programs
Institutions: Colleges of America
Type: Four years program
Degree Program: Graduation
Scholarship amount: $25,000
Deadline: March 15, 2023
The Horatio Alger Scholarship Description
An annual sum of $25,000 is given to 106 students under the National Scholarship program. The application period for the Horatio Alger Scholarship will begin on August 1 and end on October 25. The Horatio Alger Scholarship application has some advantages, which include that if you submit it only once, the Association will consider you for all of its scholarship programs.
Applicants for the National Scholarship must also register for and attend the National Scholars Conference, which is held in April in connection with the Horatio Alger Awards. By October 25 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, the application and all necessary documentation must be posted to the online application to be considered. The conference emphasizes college preparedness and allows students to interact with Association members.
Each year in January, the winners of the scholarships are notified. Email, postal mail, and internet postings are used to notify recipients.
Eligibility Criteria for Horatio Alger Scholarship
Application requirements for the Horatio Alger National and State Scholarship Programs are as follows:
- Only US citizens can apply, and the required language is English.
- Applicants must be full-time high school seniors in the United States.
- Students must demonstrate a strong desire to seek and complete a bachelor’s degree.
- Students must also have intentions to enroll in college in the country by the fall after they graduate.
- Being a citizen of the United States and maintaining a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 are requirements for admission.
- The University appreciates the participation of a student in extracurricular and volunteer work.
- United States of America at a non-profit, recognized public or private college.
- All candidates must prove a genuine need for money (an adjusted gross family income of $55,000 or less is necessary).
The University covers financial support and helps the students and financial aid counseling. This scholarship program includes a 24-hour helpline and referral line, mentoring initiatives, gatherings of scholars and Alumni, and opportunities for grants for graduate studies.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship, visit the official website to apply online. Online access to the form is accessible from August 1 through October 25.
What does the Horatio Alger Award aim to achieve?
The group presents the Horatio Alger Award each year to exceptional Americans who exhibit commitment, purpose, and tenacity in their personal and professional lives.