- Country: Netherlands
- Scholarship Type: Government
- Offered by: Ministry and Dutch higher education institutions
- Institutions: 47 Dutch higher education institutions
- Type: Partially funded one-time scholarship
- Degree Program: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
- Scholarship Amount: 5000 EUR (Approx. 5000 USD)
- Deadline: 1st May, 2024
Financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science and different Dutch universities, the Holland Scholarship is open for international students.
This scholarship program aims to stimulate the talent of international students outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and present them with an opportunity to study in Holland, as well as increase the international mobility of Dutch students by encouraging them to pursue their studies outside the EEA through a scholarship.
Consider applying to get the chance to study at a low cost at one of the many Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences participating in the scholarship.
The Holland Scholarship gives the recipients the opportunity to pursue their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any field of study offered by the participating universities. The Dutch ministry offers 2,112 scholarship slots the students can avail of per academic year.
What we will cover?
Scholarship Value and Duration
The scholarship amounts to a total of 5000 EUR. It is given during the first year of your studies and can only be received once. Please note that the scholarship does not fund the full tuition amount.
List of Participating Universities
Below is a list of research universities and universities of applied sciences participating in the Holland Scholarship. Visit the website of the institution you wish to apply to for more details on specific application deadlines and fields of study.
- Leiden University
- University of Groningen
- Maastricht University
- Radboud University
- Delft University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Protestant Theological University
- Theological University
- Utrecht University
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- VU Amsterdam
- Tilburg University
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- Wageningen University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
Universities of Applied Sciences
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Driestar educatief
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
Holland Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria.
- You are of non-EEA nationality.
- You have never applied for a full-time Bachelor’s or Master’s program at any of the listed participating Dutch universities.
- You qualify for your chosen institution.
- You have never studied at any educational institution in the Netherlands.
How To Apply for Holland Scholarship
You can directly apply for the Holland Scholarship at your preferred education institution. They will be accepting applications until May 1st, 2024. Check the website of your chosen institution to confirm the right deadline.
Their website will also contain further information on the procedure of application, as well as specific deadlines.
Documents Required for Holland Scholarship
These are the following documents that must be submitted when applying for the Holland Scholarship:
- Complete MSc application
- Scholarship Application Form
- Two reference letters
- English language certificate
Please remember that you must submit all documents along with the MSc application.
Can I get a fully funded scholarship in the Netherlands?
Yes, there are scholarships available for students from both EEA and non-EEA countries that can cover the full amount of your tuition fees, as well as living expenses.
How hard is it to get a Holland scholarship?
Although people think that only the best students can receive a scholarship to study in the Netherlands, the Holland scholarship’s acceptance rate is pretty good. Over half of every 100 international students currently studying in the Netherlands are proud Holland scholarship recipients.
What is the extent of the Holland Scholarship?
The selected beneficiaries of the Holland scholarship can receive a one-time grant worth 5000 EUR during their first academic year. But that’s not all. The selection committee can also grant students double or triple scholarships of up to 15000 EUR based on merit.
Can I get a scholarship without IELTS?
Yes, there are scholarships out there that will accept your application even without IELTS. All you have to do is show them an English Proficiency report from your previous educational institution or the institution you are currently studying at the time of applying.
What is the estimated cost of studying in Holland?
For a Bachelor’s degree, your expected costs will range from 6000 to 15000 EUR per year. Meanwhile, a Master’s degree can fall between 8000 to 20000 EUR per year.
Does Holland require an IELTS?
Fortunately, the Netherlands does not require an IELTS when applying for a university in the country.
Can I work while studying in Holland?
Those residing in the Netherlands on a student residence permit can work 16 hours a week throughout an entire year. They are also permitted to work full hours during the summer months, from June to August.