GREAT scholarships cover €10,000 towards the tuition fee of students who wish to study various master’s courses in the UK. The scholarship is covered for one year only. The collaboration of the GREAT Britain Campaign of the UK government with the British Council funds this scholarship. There are 200 GREAT scholarships available, which are offered by 49 universities providing high-quality education in Scotland, Wales, England, and Northern Ireland.
What we will cover?
GREAT Scholarship Summary
- Country: UK
- Offered by: the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council
- Institutions: 12 Universities in the UK
- Type: Fully funded scholarship
- Degree Program: Masters
- Scholarship Coverage: £10,000 for a one-year course
- Deadline: Varies depending on the university
The scholars who win the GREAT scholarship will be welcomed in an event during their first semester. Later, they will be invited to a networking event in their second semester.
You need to satisfy the following criteria to be eligible for the GREAT scholarship program:
- You belong to one of the eligible countries and hold a passport for that country.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree and are interested in studying a master’s in the proposed subject.
- You must meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI.
- You have been active in extracurricular activities related to your subject.
- You should be willing to attend networking and events in the UK that are explicitly organized for GREAT scholars. You must share your experiences and thoughts on the study program in the UK.
- You must stay active during the whole program and maintain good contact with the British Council as an ambassador of the GREAT scholarships.
You can find full list of UK scholarships for international students here.
How to Apply?
Before applying for the GREAT scholarships, you first need to apply for a Master’s program in one of the universities taking part in the GREAT scholarships program.
Then follow these steps to apply for the scholarship.
- To apply for GREAT scholarships, you need to follow the link through the university’s website.
- Go to the webpage of the university you wish to apply to and read all the instructions regarding the master’s program and the GREAT scholarships program.
- Remember to check the deadline for the scholarship from the university’s website. The institution page will contain all the necessary information and important deadlines. Find the application form on the institution’s website.
- Open the form, fill in all the required information, including the documents, and submit the application.
- You will be informed about the approval of your application by the university.
- After the proper registration process, the university will issue the scholarship funding to you.
Be very careful about deadlines as they vary depending on the university you are applying to.
Institutes under Great Scholarship:
- Bangor University
- University of Oxford
- University of Wolverhampton
- University of York
- Bournemouth University
- University of Bristol
- Robert Gordon University
- University of Derby
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- University of East Anglia
- University College London