What we will cover?
Offered by: Boise State University
Type: Full Tuition waiver
Degree Program: Master’s and PhD
Scholarship amount: Waives non-resident tuition
Eligible Countries: All
Eligible Subjects: All eligible graduate programs
Deadlines: February 15/May 1 for Fall; October 1/January 10 for Spring
This scholarship provides tuition waver for competitive international and domestic graduate students at Boise State University. Eligibility is determined through the admissions process for most qualifying programs.
- Waives non-resident tuition for graduate students from outside Idaho with GPA of 3.3+
- Available to international students and out-of-state US citizens
- If eligible, you will be prompted to apply for the Gem Scholarship during the admission application process. Apply for graduate admission through the How to Apply page.
- Scholarships are automatically awarded to students who meet eligibility upon admission.
- You are no longer eligible if receiving a Graduate Assistantship, which also waives tuition/fees.
- Ineligible programs include certificate programs only, specific online/off-campus Master’s, and those listed on the ineligibility page.
- If accepted to an eligible program and recommended, Financial Aid will send an offer via your student portal.
- Initial scholarships last one year, renewable for:
- Masters: One additional year
- Doctorate: Three additional years
- To renew, complete at least 9 credits each fall/spring semester and maintain a 3.3 GPA.
- Scholarship covers non-resident tuition only; residents still pay fees (about $14,450 annual savings).
- Check the Tuition & Fees page for current tuition/cost information.
This outlines the key eligibility requirements and application process for the Gem Scholarship for international and out-of-state graduate students at Boise State University.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Accepted into eligible graduate program at Boise State
- Not eligible for certificate programs or specific online/off-campus programs
- No separate application, award notified through admission process
- Apply for admission through Boise State website
- Automatic for eligible students upon admission
- Must maintain 9 credits and 3.3 GPA each semester
- 1 additional year for masters, 3 additional for doctorate
- Must take minimum credits and maintain GPA each semester
- Fall: February 15 (priority), May 1 (final)
- Spring: October 1 (priority), January 10 (final)