The Gates Scholarship is among the most prestigious scholarships any undergraduate student in the United States can receive. The info is as follows
- Country of origin: USA
- Funded by: Bill Gates & his wife
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: The undergraduate level
- Deadline: 15th Sept 2023
What does the Gates Scholarship cover?
The Gates Scholarship is a fully-funded opportunity for undergraduate students in the U.S. The scholarship covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- Expenses for accommodation
- Board expenditures
- Transportation expenditures
In addition, many of our partners offer generous scholarships that may be combined with the Gates Scholarship to cover additional costs such as personal expenses and miscellaneous school supplies. There are also opportunities to earn money through work-study programs on campus or by participating in internships off campus.
Who is eligible for the Gates Scholarship?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria.
1. You must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of at least 18 years of age & have completed your junior year of high school by June 30, 2023.
2. You are required to enroll as an undergraduate degree-seeking student full-time beginning September 15, 2023.
3. English proficiency is a must
4. Need a good academic record
5. You have to be eligible for Pell Grants
6. Individuals of one or more ethnicities: African-American, Asian, Native American, & Hispanic.
7. A demonstrated record of leadership in extracurricular activities is required
How to apply for the Gates Scholarship?
Here is a step-by-step process for applying for the Gates Scholarship,
1. Fill out the online application & submit it before the deadline to be considered for this scholarship 2. Be sure to have your SAT or ACT scores sent directly from the testing center if you have not already submitted them.
3. Transcripts of academic records
4. Provide two letters of recommendation from teachers and/or professors
5. Submit any supplemental materials that may support your application, such as an essay about what you will do with the scholarship
6. You will also need to provide proof of citizenship or legal residency status
7. A statement about the family’s financial status
8. Extracurricular activities details
9. After carefully filling in all the details, submit your application
- What happens if I am selected?
A. If you are chosen as a semifinalist, you will be required to submit more materials, including an official transcript & your SAT or ACT scores. The final round is when winners are announced & receive their scholarship awards. In all cases, finalists & winners must be able to show proof of citizenship before receiving their awards.
- Why does it take so long to find out if I was selected?
A. The review process takes time because many factors are taken into consideration before making a decision.
The Gates scholarship is a great opportunity to pursue your academic and professional goals. Be sure to apply today! Please visit the official website https://www.thegatesscholarship.org/scholarship for more details!