Every year, EPFL offers several students the chance to pursue their studies at EPFL while receiving financial support from EPFL & its partners. Here is more information about it.
- Type: CHF 10,000 per semester
- Country of origin: Switzerland
- Funded by: EPFL
- Education level: Bachelor’s & Master’s
- Duration: 3 years
- Deadline: 15 Dec & 15-30 Apr Annually
What we will cover?
Students with outstanding academic records are eligible to apply for fellowships at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels. Applicants must meet the general eligibility criteria of EPFL as well as additional requirements depending on the fellowship. A wide range of students, including international students, are eligible for the program.
Excellence and Diversity
- Fellowships available to students from EPFL and other institutions
- Allows students to pursue activities enriching their professional and interdisciplinary skills
- EPFL offers fellowships worth CHF 10,000 per semester and housing for outstanding Master’s students
The EPFL offers a limited number of fellowships at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels to students with outstanding academic records. EPFL finances some fellowships directly, while others are funded by foundations or corporations. Along with CHF 10’000 per semester, they also receive an off-campus room in a student residence. The fellowship is paid over three years for Bachelor’s studies, while it is paid over four semesters for Master’s studies. The best part is that these fellowships do not affect your eligibility for other scholarships offered by EPFL or any other institution.
How to apply?
Applicants must have an outstanding academic record, be at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level, and show a strong motivation to work in a scientific field. The application process is done through EPFL’s website. The Bachelor’s application must be filled out by students in their final year of high school by 30 April, & the required application file must be submitted. In order to be eligible for the Master Excellence Fellowship, candidates must submit the online application by April 15 or December 15. Read EPFL guidelines about the application process & find out about funding opportunities on EPFL’s site.
Application and Fellowship Renewal
- Students check box on Master’s application and provide file
- Academic background is crucial but experiences also considered
- Experiences include research, entrepreneurship, societal commitment
- Fellowship renewed with 50 ECTS credits and average of 5.0/6
1. How many different types of fellowships are available?
There are three different categories of EPFL Excellence Fellowships:
– Financed by EPFL,
– Underwritten by external partners such as foundations or companies.
– Funded partly by both the university and external partners.
2. What’s the difference between an externally-funded and internally-funded fellowship?
An externally-funded fellowship will be financed by a foundation or company whereas an internally-supported fellowship will be funded directly by EPFL. Some fellowships have mixed financing with both the university and external partners.
3. What does the selection process look like?
The selection process varies from one type of program to another. Please refer to the specific information on the website when submitting your application.