The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) Flight Training Scholarships are fully funded scholarships for international students studying and training to become pilots.
- Country of origin: USA / Canada
- Funded by: EAA
- Type: Fully/Partially funded
- Education level: Aviation training
- Duration: As per the selected program
- Deadline: 1st March 2024
What we will cover?
Flight training scholarship program introduction
The Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) annually offers several fully funded scholarships to international students who want to pursue flight training in the USA or Canada. These scholarships are available for both general and instrument-rated pilots. After each benchmark, the EAA will send the money directly to the flight school. The scholarship program is open for applications!
To be eligible to apply, a student must:
- Be an international student.
- Attend flight school in USA or Canada.
- Be passionate about aviation and have a high level of interest in pursuing aviation as a career.
- Have a minimum GED or equivalent certificate from their country of residence.
- Maintain a C average during the entire program (minimum 60% GPA).
- Obtain FAA Medical Certificate with Part 65 authorization before starting flight training and every year thereafter.
- English language proficiency is required. An SAT score of 600 or higher on the critical reading portion is preferred.
- No age requirement for applying
You will have to go through the following process when applying:
- Fill out the EAA Scholarship Application form at https://www.eaa.org/eaa/learn-to-fly/scholarships/eaa-flight-training-scholarships
- Provide a copy of your passport, driver’s license, &/or other forms of identification. -Complete & sign the application form.
- Provide an essay on why you want to pursue flight training in the USA or Canada. We are looking for well-written essays that explain who you are as a person, what motivates you to become a pilot, what makes aviation meaningful to you, & what you see yourself doing after receiving your pilot’s license. Remember, this scholarship is not just about flying; it’s about connecting people to the sky.
- If a waiver is granted, applicants must complete any required coursework from their respective flight school before applying for graduation.
- Send the application & the required documents via email.
To apply, you must submit the following documents:
- A completed application form
- Two letters of recommendation from an EAA member or instructor in the country of residence
- A copy of your pilot certificate.
- A photocopy of a valid FAA student pilot certificate.
- A photocopy of proof of citizenship (passport).
- If you are not a citizen but have permanent resident status & plan to return to your home country after graduation, please provide documentation of this status.
Benefits of the EAA scholarship
- The EAA scholarship program offers a variety of benefits to its recipients.
- The scholarships range from $5,000 to $12,500 per year.
- There are no restrictions on the number of years you can apply for or any time limits on when you must attend school.
- All recipients will be offered an honorary membership with the EAA, which includes voting privileges at General Meetings and invitations to other EAA events such as airshows.
- All funds are directly sent to flying schools after each benchmark is reached.
- Do I need to be a member of EAA to apply?
No, you do not need to be a member of EAA to apply. Applicants must have a valid passport & meet all other requirements.
- When do the scholarships begin?
The scholarship offer is open indefinitely. Recipients will receive an email with instructions on how to access their funds within 30 days of acceptance. Scholarship recipients will complete benchmarks as they progress through flight training so that EAA can continue funding after each benchmark.
- How will I know if I am selected?
You will receive an email confirming your selection status. You may also check your application status online by logging into your account on our website.
- What happens if I cannot finish my program due to unforeseen circumstances?
If you cannot finish your program due to unforeseen circumstances, please get in touch with us immediately so we can work with you to try & make accommodations.
If you want to learn how to fly an airplane, this scholarship is a great opportunity. EAA will send the money directly to the flight school after each benchmark, so the student requires no payments. Take advantage of this opportunity today!