In 2001, the Developing Solutions Scholarship Program was established. It is an element of the premier international postgraduate Master’s degree program at the University of Nottingham.
International students from India, Africa, or one of the chosen Commonwealth nations are eligible for the Developing Solutions Scholarship Program. The scholarship is for applicants who wish to pursue their Master’s degree at the University of Nottingham.
What we will cover?
Description: Developing Solutions Master’s Scholarship
The award is designed to assist talented and motivated students from underdeveloped countries who might face financial challenges in finishing their studies. One method the University of Nottingham enables students from all backgrounds to obtain a top-notch education affordably is through the Developing Solutions Master’s Scholarship.
Summary: Developing Solutions Master’s Scholarship
- Host Country: United Kingdom
- Host Institution: University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom
- Funded By: the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom
- Type: Fully Funded
- Level of Study: Masters
- Courses Offered: Master’s degrees in every subject offered by the University of Nottingham
- Number of Awards: Not outlined
- Benefits: For exceptional students, tuition cost scholarships of 50% or 100% are available.
- Deadline: May 17, 2023
- Program Period: Valid for one academic year.
- Target Audience: Candidates who reside in one of the following nations:
Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, India, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Sri Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, and all of Africa’s countries, including Anguilla, Antigua, and Barbuda.
Areas of Study
The following disciplines offer full-time Master’s degree applications to students:
- Medicine & Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
Scholarship Coverage: Developing Solutions Master’s Scholarship
- The scholarship offers a stipend of £2,000 to help with living expenses in addition to paying the full cost of tuition for the Master’s program. Successful candidates may request for renewal for up to three further academic years, provided they continue to make excellent academic progress.
- One academic year is the duration of the scholarship. The tuition grant would be either 100% or 50% for the pupils. The University of Nottingham will award 150 scholarships to overseas students as part of the Developing Solutions Scholarships program.
- Some students will receive full tuition discounts, while others will only receive partial ones. The proportion of tuition fees covered varies depending on the students’ academic backgrounds.
- Keep in mind that the scholarship program does not cover any costs associated with applying, such as application fees, English language testing fees, or travel expenses. Hence, if applicants wish to be considered for the scholarship, they must be prepared to cover these costs on their own.
Find full list of scholarships in UK here.
Eligibility Criteria: Developing Solutions Master’s Scholarship
You must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Be categorized for fee reasons as an international student.
- Have their primary residence in one of the chosen Commonwealth nations, India, or Africa (listed above)
- A first-class honors degree or its equivalent is required of applicants. This indicates that the candidate must have demonstrated a high degree of intellectual achievement in their prior academic credentials.
- Candidates must show that they have a need for financial assistance and include documentation with their scholarship application.
- You have the commitment to begin a full-time master’s program, including an MRes, in the faculties of medicine, engineering and health sciences, science, or social sciences at the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom in October 2023.
For Pakistani Candidates:
- Pakistani students who have never attended Nottingham University before.
- Several financial aid packages are available to students from Commonwealth states, such as Pakistan.
- Students from Pakistan who have declared themselves to be international students.
- Pupils from Pakistan who have never attended school abroad.
- Just those Pakistani candidates who already have a scholarship offer to attend Nottingham University.
You are ineligible for this scholarship if you do the following things:
- Currently enrolled or just graduated from the University of Nottingham
- You have previously pursued your education abroad
- presently enrolled in school in the UK
Keep in mind that the scholarship program does not cover any costs associated with applying, such as application fees, English language testing fees, or travel expenses. Hence, if applicants wish to be considered for the scholarship, they must be prepared to cover these costs on their own.
How to Apply for the Developing Solutions Master’s Scholarship
- Prior to applying, candidates must identify a master’s program at the University of Nottingham that complements their academic interests and professional objectives.
- Before applying, candidates should carefully check the eligibility requirements to make sure they satisfy all the requirements.
- Candidates must prepare supporting documentation.
- Candidates should use the University of Nottingham’s online application portal to request admission to their desired Master’s degree program.
- The scholarship application form is accessible on the University of Nottingham website, and candidates can submit it there.
- Applicants must submit the completely filled scholarship application form together with any required supporting documentation before the scholarship application deadline using the University of Nottingham’s online application system.
- English language test results
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
- A personal statement highlighting the applicant’s academic accomplishments
- Professional objectives
The official website for the University of Nottingham is given below:
Can I receive a full scholarship at the University of Nottingham?
You can be given a scholarship for 50% or 100% of your tuition.
What is the duration of the scholarship?
It normally runs from September to June of the following year and encompasses one academic year. Subject to making good academic progress, recipients of the scholarship may request for renewal for a maximum of three years.
Does the scholarship depend on merit or need?
The scholarship is merit-based and need-based. Candidates must exhibit significant dedication, academic brilliance, and financial necessity.
Is it difficult to get the scholarship?
The scholarship receives many candidates from impoverished nations all around the world, making it extremely competitive.
Can I also apply for financing or other scholarships in addition to this one?
Absolutely yes, candidates are urged to look into alternative financing options in addition to the Developing Solutions Master’s Scholarship.