If you are planning to study in Germany and pursue a master’s or PhD from the top German Universities, this is your chance because DAAD Scholarship for 2023-2024 is now open for application submission.
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship program in Germany offered to over 100,00 German and international students. It is one of the German government’s most extensive fully-funded scholarship programs, which aims to train individuals from developing or newly industrialized countries to progress in their fields of study.
DAAD Scholarship is available for full-time Masters/MPhil, MBA, LLM, and PhD. Degree programs. Also, qualified scholars have the opportunity to be enrolled at top Universities in Germany. Additionally, DAAD scholars are offered courses that are taught both in English and German languages.
DAAD Scholarships Summary
Host Country: Germany
Scholarship Funded By: BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development)
Degree Level: Masters or MPhil, MBA, LLM, PhD
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded (German Government)
Duration: 12 months – 24 months (Master’s Degree Scholarship), 12 – 42 months (Doctoral Scholarship)
DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on the chosen university or study program.
Fields of Study/ Courses Offered
- Agricultural Sciences
- Architecture (and related) / Urban Development
- Business Administration
- Development-related sciences
- Education Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Forestry Science
- Geography & Geosciences
- Health-related Sciences
- Media Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Political Sciences
- Social Sciences
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
The DAAD Germany Scholarship this 2023 for Masters and PhD. Eligible applicants are entitled to have the following:
- Tuition Fee Covered
- Monthly stipend
- 861 Euros for Graduates
- 1,200 Euros for Doctoral Candidates
- Academic expenses provided
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance are covered.
- Travel allowance provided (unless these expenses are provided by the scholar’s home country or from other sponsorship).
- Monthly rental or accommodation allowance provided.
- Accommodation and monthly allowance for accompanying family members.
- One-off study allowance
Benefits of Studying in Germany
Why pursue your studies in Germany? Several other countries offer scholarships, but there are many good reasons to continue your academic dream in Germany.
- Germany has the best-ranked universities in Europe.
Despite Germany being one of the non-English speaking countries, they have several of the best-ranking universities in Western Europe. Also, Germany is widely recognized for its teaching and research facilities, carrying out project research each year, funded by the German government.
- No tuition fees
DAAD Scholarship in Germany is free. This is because the German government fully funds it. However, there are state universities that charge tuition fees to scholars from non-EU/EAU countries, especially for bachelor’s and master’s level2.
- Bigger job opportunities
After completing the degree, DAAD scholars can stay in Germany for up to 18 months, allowing them to get a job. Plus, universities under DAAD scholarship programs have excellent links with several companies in Germany and most countries in Western Europe, giving the new graduates the chance to take internships or placements.
In addition, scholars can do part-time jobs in Germany. However, this will require approval from the DAAD coordinator or academic supervisor3.
- Good quality of life for scholars
Germany has a lot of good cities to live in. They have better transportation, safe places, a good market, and a strong economy. And for an international student, living and studying in a comfortable place will help you pursue your career even better.
- Meeting other scholars from different countries.
You will meet new people and scholars from other countries studying in Germany. In addition, the students will experience good cultural diversity from other international students and students from the region without experiencing racism or inequality.
DAAD Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Eligible scholars for DAAD Scholarship 2023-2024 in Germany should meet the following criteria:
- Candidates from developing countries. Also, any international student residing in Germany for more than 15 years is not eligible for the scholarship.
2.English and German Languages
- English language certificate (for courses taught in English) – International students must acquire an IELTS Certificate (band 6) or TOFEL (minimum scores of 550 for paper, 213 for computer, and 80 on Internet tests).
- German language certificate (for courses taught in German) – Applicants must submit a DSH 2 or Testdaf 4 Certificate for matriculation. Additionally, a level B1 certificate is required during the time of application.
3. Academic requirements Applicants must have completed Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (within the offered majors) within the last 6 years. Applicants who completed their degree over 6 years are not eligible for the scholarship.
Another notable academic requirement is the applicant’s grade; candidates must have a minimum of 8.5 CGPA or a minimum of 85 per cent. However, the academic grade requirement will depend on the field of study.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of professional experience with proof, research work, teaching proof, and graduate assistant work.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023-2024?
Students applying for the scholarship must do the following steps:
Step #1: Visit the website of the German university you wish to study for the DAAD Scholarship.
Step #2: Download the admission form and fill in the required fields.
Step #3: Choose only one post-graduate program with 3 courses.
Step #4: Send the admission application to the chosen university. The DAAD Scholarship Committee will examine the application and inform the aspiring scholar through email. In addition, the applicants will be provided with a link to create an account on the DAAD portal.
Step #5: Fill out the application form with the required information.
Step #6: Complete the requirements
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship
All interested candidates must have the following requirements in pdf:
- Letter of Motivation
- CV for Scholarship
- Certified Copies of Academic Transcripts
- Certified Copies of Academic Degrees
- Two Letter of Recommendation from previous professors
- Statement of Purpose
- Experience Letter or Employment Letter/ Professional Certificates
- English Language Proficiency or German Language Proficiency (courses taught in German)
- Personal Statement
- Proof of disability for disabled students
- Some German universities may request for research proposal.
- Copy of your Passport
Step #7: Attach the requirements with the online application form.
Step #8: Make sure to send the scholarship application before the deadline.
Step #9: Wait for approval
Application Deadline: Depends on University. Varies from 31st Aug 2022 to 1st Jan 2023
List of Application Deadlines, DAAD Scholarship, https://static.daad.de/media/daad_de/pdfs_nicht_barrierefrei/in-deutschland-studieren-forschen-lehren/epos-bewerbungsdeadlines_2023-24.pdf
1)Important Information for Scholarship Applicants, Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, https://www.daad.de/en/study-and-research-in-germany/scholarships/important-information-for-scholarship-applicants/
2)German Universities, DAAD Scholarship, https://daadscholarship.com/category/german-universities/