If you’re looking to study in Thailand but don’t want to break the bank, Chulalongkorn University Scholarships are the best way to go.
- Country of origin: Thailand
- Funded by: Chulalongkorn University
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Master’s degree, Doctoral program
- Duration: Two years for a Master’s degree/ Three years for a Doctoral program
- Deadline: 31st March 2022/20th May 2022/10th June 2022
The benefits of the scholarship
1. This scholarship covers 100% of tuition fees, a monthly stipend, and accommodation of 16.000 Baht.
2. It is only offered for master’s and Ph.D. programs
3. Chulalongkorn University provides international students with scholarships to increase global awareness
4. These scholarships are only offered for master’s and Ph.D. programs
5. There will also be benefits for African students, such as free airfare of 20,000 Baht between Africa and Thailand & visa assistance.
6. In addition, these scholarships will help strengthen relationships between African countries & Thailand.
7. If you’re an international student looking for funding opportunities in Thailand, this may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
1. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of 3 years of university education from any recognized institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
2. The applicant’s age cannot exceed 35.
3. Be proficient in English (score TOEFL iBT >90, or IELTS >7).
4. Have no criminal record & possess excellent character (audited by the Ministry of Education).
5. Not concurrently applying for other scholarships.
Applying for the scholarship
There are only a limited number of scholarships, so be sure to apply as soon as possible! Applications for this scholarship will close as per the deadline. Applying for it is as simple as following these steps:
1. Complete your online application form, and make sure you ticked that you want a scholarship from Chulalongkorn University.
2. You need to upload scanned copies of all required documents to support your application
3. Read the instructions carefully before submitting your materials because mistakes might lead to disqualification.
4. Once submitted, please wait for up to four weeks until you receive an email with a decision on whether you have succeeded. If unsuccessful, don’t worry!
5. A list of all successful candidates will be announced on our website on academic.chula.ac.th
The following documents are required:
1. English language proficiency test result
2. Birth Certificate (legalized)
3. Academic qualification certificates
4. Curriculum Vitae
5. Copy of Passport
6. Letter of Motivation
7. Recommendation letter
8. Certificate of medical fitness
How to make the most of your scholarship?
You can do a few things to make the most of your scholarship.
1) Apply for a visa at the Thai embassy of your home country. This will allow you to stay and work in Thailand after completing your degree.
2) Find out how much time, money, and effort it would cost if you were paying international tuition rates rather than getting scholarships.
3) Look into fellowships and grants offered by organizations such as Fulbright or DAAD.
4) Speak with your advisor about what courses you need to take to get credit toward the degree program you want.
5) Make sure all your documents are up-to-date, including transcripts and test scores.
6) Do not miss deadlines! Make sure to sign up early because Chulalongkorn University Scholarships go fast!
7) If anything is unclear, contact the scholarship department through their website at http://www.academic.chula.ac.th/international_scholarship.html
- What are the benefits of studying at Chulalongkorn University?
You’ll receive a fully funded scholarship with a 100% tuition fee, monthly stipend, and accommodation allowance. With all these benefits, it’s easy to see why Chulalongkorn is considered one of the best universities in Asia!
- What is Chulalongkorn’s international student acceptance rate?
Chulalongkorn offers admissions for master’s level programs for qualified applicants from all over the world. It can be difficult to compare application rates because not every university reports them publicly, but you can find more information on their website.
- How will I know when I’ve been accepted?
If your application is successful, we will send you an email confirming this within two weeks.
The Chulalongkorn University Scholarships are the best way for international students to study in Thailand. These scholarships are only offered for masters & Ph.D., so check out this opportunity if you’re considering studying abroad!