Are you planning to study abroad? Why not study in Canada? They have a world-class education system and a better standard of living. Plus, it is a free application to several Canadian Universities.
Studying abroad is every international student’s dream. And one of the biggest opportunities today for most aspirants is studying in Canada without IELTS at Canadian Universities without application fees.
Completing higher education in developed countries like Canada is a dream come true. However, there are struggles that you’ll often meet every night and day, which include funds to cover your educational expenses. For this reason, candidates would step back from good opportunities due to limited finances.
Application fees are now reduced or removed in most prestigious universities in Canada to bring in more international and local students, enabling them to pursue their dreams.
Colleges and Universities Summary
- Tyndale University (Least to Zero application fee with IELTS Exempted Conditional)
- Quest University (Zero application fee with IELTS Exempted Conditional)
- Royal Roads University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- Fairleigh Dickinson University or FDU
- Booth University College
- Redeemer University
Several good universities in Canada offer the least to no application fees. But to make it easier for aspiring international students to choose the right school, this article has compiled the top-ranked Canadian Universities that offer low to zero application fees.
The oldest and a small Christian university in Canada is Tyndale University. Established in 1894, the school has approximately 1300 undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate.
- Bachelor of Arts in English
Postgraduates and Graduates are offered 3 Master’s degrees and a Doctor of Ministry. Tyndale University offers no application fee for aspirants.
Pros: The school offers flexible learning time, including full-time, part-time, online courses, night classes, and modular programs.
- International Students must pay at least $50.
- The acceptance rate is 57 percent.
Quest University is a non-profit liberal art and science university located in Squamish, British Columbia, Canada. Although small, it is an excellent school to finish up your studies. They offer no application fee to international and local students for graduate and undergraduate programs CAD 20. However, to take advantage of the school’s “No Application Fee” offer, you must process your application soon.
The school has a Bachelor of Arts and Sciences with a four-degree program, including:
- First two year’s programs
- Social and Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Arts and Humanities
- The last two years will be a personalized program
- It is easy to get admitted with the school’s acceptance rate of 80 percent, which is higher than other schools.
- Offers single degree or program
Royal Roads University
Founded in 1995, the famous school offers three graduate, postgraduate, and seven undergraduate programs.
The school offers courses with a CAD 130 application fee, but it can be waived for all eligible candidates of both local and international students. To study the desired course without paying the application fee, the candidate has to visit the school’s website to gain access to the application process.
- Environmental Sciences
- Law and Business
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Top school to offer free application fees to both local and international students.
- The admission rate is at 60 percent.
- The application process should be done six months before admission to acquire a study permit.
University of Alberta
The University of Alberta is one of Canada’s most popular and prestigious universities, with over 40,000 students, including over 8,000 international students from across the globe.
The university offers 500 graduate, 250 specialization, and 300 research programs. And all aspiring international and local students must process their applications early. The school does not have an application fee for undergraduate degrees.
- International students from least developing countries are eligible to acquire the CAD 100 waived application fee.
- The university is known for its academic and research success.
- The graduate application fee of CAD 100 is not waived.
- The admission acceptance rate is 58 percent.
University of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia is a public university in Vancouver, ranked the 45th best university in the world and 3rd in Canada. It is a good school choice for international students. The school completely removes its application fees of CAD 108 (Graduate Studies) and CAD 123 (Undergraduate studies) for eligible international students, especially those coming from the world’s 50 least-developed countries.
- Doctor of Dental Medicine in Dentistry
- MSc in Business Administration
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- World-famous university when it comes to graduate and postgraduate programs.
- The low admission acceptance rate of 52.4 percent.
Fairleigh Dickinson University or FDU
Ranked 44 in the north, Fairleigh Dickinson University FDU is another good university for local and international students who wish to continue their fields.
Courses and programs are available on their website.
- The admission acceptance rate is high at 88.9 percent.
- The application fee is waived through online application.
Booth University College
Located in Winnipeg and founded in 1982, Booth University College was previously known as the Salvation Army William and Catherine Booth University College. It is a small university offering liberal arts courses.
- Social work
- Social and Continuing studies
- Aspiring students from Canada and the US do not have to pay the application fee.
- Candidates will have to pay CAD 100 to confirm the admission slot.
- International students from other countries than the US must pay CAD 150 for the admission fee.
- The admission acceptance rate is 22 percent.
Redeemer University is a private Christian liberal arts and science school that offers quality education to local and international students. Its programs are combined with academics and religious activities.
- The application fee is waived within its specified deadline.
- The admission acceptance rate is 50 – 60 percent.
- Redeemer is a religious university; some curriculums are added with religious programs.
The requirements will depend on the university you wish to pursue your studies. To find out, you must visit the school’s official website and look for the application process.
Other Notable Mentions
Here is a list of universities in which application fees are waived off for international students either by application or via special interface for international students.
- Seneca College
- Booth University
- Royal Road University
- University of New Brunswick
- Mount Allison University
- University of Teluq
- Cambrian College
- RMC of Canada
- Saint Mary’s University
- Queen’s University
- Concordia University
- Algoma University
Reasons to Study in Canada
Why continue your field in Canada? Aside from prestigious schools, there are a lot of good reasons why:
#1: Tremendous opportunities
There are a lot of opportunities for international students to pursue their fields in Canada, which includes job opportunities while studying and after finishing your degree.
#2: Growing local economies
A place with a growing economy gives you a better living and more excellent opportunities. And international students do not want to miss such things.
#3: Friendly people
One that makes international students thrive harder in a foreign school is the feeling they are at home. Canada is a country that welcomes diversity, and for international students of color, it will make school life even better.