If you want to study in the UK from a foreign country, Birkbeck University of London has an excellent chance! If you want a good education in the UK, apply for this scholarship!
- Country of origin: UK
- Funded by: Birkbeck University of London
- Type: Partially funded
- Education level: Undergraduate, Master’s program
- Duration: One year
- Deadline: The initial cut-off date is May 31st, 2023. Those in Sub-Saharan Africa have until August 1st, 2023, with all other participants needing to meet the deadline of July 15th, 2023.
– English language proficiency is a must
– The following countries are eligible: Africa (Sub-Saharan), Asia (Central Asia, South Asia, South East Asia, and East Asia), the Caribbean, Latin America, and MENA (Middle East and North Africa).
– Birkbeck is offering you a full-time program in Autumn 2023 that you can study at either the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
– Assessed as an international fee-payer
– Ordinarily, a resident of a country in the relevant region
– Classified as an ‘International’ tuition fee payer
– A single scholarship can be granted to any given student.
– Scholarships are not usually awarded in combination with any other scholarships.
Benefits of this scholarship
– Birkbeck International Scholarships offer four different scholarship amounts: £4000, £2000, £1500, and £1000, all of which are tuition fee-only & only for the first year.
– Scholarship recipients will have their tuition fees waived or partially funded.
– This scholarship provides financial assistance to international students who may otherwise not be able to pursue their studies due to financial constraints.
– Scholarship recipients will have access to other student support services such as career advice, housing advice, and more.
– Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to network and make connections with potential employers and gain valuable work experience.
– Recipients of this scholarship will gain a competitive advantage when applying for further education and employment.
To apply for the Birkbeck International Scholarships, please follow the steps below:
(1) Ensure that you meet the general entry requirements and apply to the university.
(2) Upon receiving an unconditional offer from Birkbeck, use the online application form relevant to the region you ordinarily reside in. The form is available for those in Asia/Central Asia, East Asia/South East Asia, the Middle East/North Africa, North America, Latin America/the Caribbean, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
(3) After submitting your form, you must provide a statement of no more than 4000 characters outlining why you are the ideal candidate for the scholarship.
(4) If you are awarded the scholarship, you will receive an email notification. Within the stated timeframe (typically five working days), you must pay a £200 non-refundable deposit to secure the award.
(5) Finally, you must enroll for the Autumn 2023 intake by October 8th, 2023, to receive the scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is there an age limit to apply for a Birkbeck International Scholarship?
A. No, there is no age limit to apply for a Birkbeck International Scholarship.
Q2. How will I be notified if I am awarded a Birkbeck International Scholarship?
A. You will be notified via email if you have been awarded a Birkbeck International Scholarship.
Q3. What are the selection criteria for the Birkbeck International Scholarships?
A. The selection criteria for the Birkbeck International Scholarships are based primarily on academic merit.
Q4. Is the Birkbeck International Scholarship renewable?
A. Yes, the Birkbeck International Scholarship is renewable for up to four years for postgraduate students & up to three years for undergraduate students. National Scholarships are grants provided by Birkbeck, University of London to international students who wish to study at the university & explore new opportunities.
Q5. Is there a minimum grade requirement to be eligible for the Birkbeck International Scholarships?
A: Yes, you must have achieved a minimum of a 2:1 degree in your previous studies to be eligible for the Birkbeck International Scholarships & its benefits.
Q6. How many are Birkbeck International Scholarships available?
A: The number of scholarships available varies each year.
Q7. Can I apply for a Birkbeck International Scholarship if I am already studying at Birkbeck?
A: Yes, you can apply for a Birkbeck International Scholarship if you are already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at Birkbeck.
You can find out about scholarships, eligibility criteria, application deadlines, & how to apply by visiting the official website at https://www.bbk.ac.uk/international/finance/scholarships. Additionally, you can contact the international office for advice & assistance with your scholarship application.
Birkbeck International Scholarships can help international students achieve their goals without worrying about tuition and living costs. If you want to take advantage of this opportunity, visit the Birkbeck website to learn more & apply. Take advantage of this – apply now!