Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term and fully-funded scholarships provided by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. These scholarships are for undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. students. Students from all over the world can avail this opportunity. Developing countries, especially those in the Indo-Pacific region, offer these scholarships.
This is an excellent opportunity for International students who desire to undertake higher education at their dream Institutes in Australia. The Australia Awards scholarship provides facilities for study and research. Students can use the gained knowledge and skills to contribute to development in their own countries.
This awards scholarship contributes to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with mutual and territorial agreements. They provide the applicants with living expenses, travel allowances, tuition fees, and more.
Host Country: Australia
Organization: Participating in Australian Institutions.
Programs offered: Ph.D., Master’s, and Undergraduate.
Program Duration: Depends on the degree you selected.
Application deadline: 29th April 2023
Opportunity focus areas
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Business and Law
- Engineering and technology
- Medical and applied sciences
- Human, health, and social sciences
The universities provide both non-technical and technical courses.
- Western Sydney University
- Melbourne Polytechnic
- Murdoch University
- La Trobe University
- Monash University
- Aviation Australia
- Bureau of Metrology
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Strut University
- Deakin University
- Victoria University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Kangan Institute
- Flinders University
- Edith Cowan University
- Federation University
- Curtin University of Technology
- Holmesglen Institute of TAFE
- Chisholm University of TAFE
- Bond University
- University of Sunshine Coast
- The University of Tasmania
- Charles Darwin University
- William Angliss Institute of TAFE
- Box Hill Institute TAFE
- University of Queensland
- University of Canberra
- Macquarie University
- Griffith University
- The Australian Maritime College
- University College London
- University of Western Australia
- University of New England
- University of New Castle
- The University of Adelaide
- TAFE SA
- TAFE NSW
- TAFE Queensland
- The University of New South Wales
- The Gordon Institute of TAFE
- Queensland University of Technology
- Swinburne University of Technology
- RMIT University
- Southern Cross University
- The Australian National University
- University of Wollongong
- University of Technology Sydney
- The University of Melbourne
Required language for the course: English
- Sri Lanka
- Marshall Islands
- Solomon Islands
- Wallis and Futuna
- Palestinian Territories
- Federated State of Micronesia
- Papua New Guinea.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships:
- International students must hold a permanent residency in Australia or apply for a visa to live permanently in Australia.
- They must be a citizen of the participating country and reside in their country of citizenship when applying for the scholarship.
- Applicants must not be currently serving as military personnel.
- Citizens of Cook Islands, Tokelau, and Niue with New Zealand citizenship are eligible to apply for the student visa. Not be engaged to, or married to, or de facto of a person who has or is eligible to have New Zealand or Australian permanent residency or citizenship at the time of selection.
- Recipients must be able to fulfill the admission requirements where the award is to be undertaken. It means that the program areas must withdraw the offer if the applicant does not meet the admission requirements at the institution. It may be known once the program areas request the placements at the institutes.
- The applicant’s age is a minimum of 18 years on the 1st of February of the year of starting the scholarship.
- They are not applying for the course of study for a lower degree level they have already achieved. (Eg, Like you, you already hold a Ph.D. degree, and you are applying for a Master’s Scholarship)
- Students must be able to satisfy all the Department of Home Affairs requirements to get a student visa. The program area can withdraw an award offer if the recipients cannot fulfill the visa requirements.
- The recipients must inform the Program Areas about any relationship or connection with the employed staff or managing contractors. In this way, the application is transparently managed.
- They have yet to obtain the scholarship before except if They resided outside Australia for twice the duration, they lived inside Australia. (Eg, An Australian Award alumni who have studied for four years will become eligible only after residing outside Australia for eight years).
- Full relief in tuition fee
- PCE Pre-course English Fee
- The Australia Awards Scholarship contributes to the living expenses. Biweekly contribution to the basic living expenses is paid at the department’s rate.
- Provision of textbooks, accommodation expenses, and study materials.
- It provides health coverage to overseas students. It covers all the costs of basic medical needs.
- It gives financial assistance by covering the expenses of their return air travel. It provides them with the payment of a single return.
- It provides the students with additional academic support to improve academic success and academic experience.
- An introductory Academic Program (IAP) is a compulsory program before formal academic studies, which covers the pre-orientation of your study tour.
- It also provides the recipients with additional support in research fieldwork.
How to apply for the Australia Awards Scholarship?
- First step:
Before you are about to apply for the scholarship, you should read the Australia Awards Scholarship handbook. This book will give you benefits. It provides information about the eligibility requirements, selection process, responsibilities, and entitlements. In some participating countries, it requires online submission of the documents, while in other countries, you need to submit a hard copy of your documents.
- Second step:
Go to the (OASIS) Online Australia Scholarships Information System to apply online for Australia Awards Scholarships. When you register yourself online, you must answer some required questions to establish your eligibility. After that, you will get a username, password, and registration number. Please submit your application as a draft, and update it and your documents till the closing date according to your participating country. It’s okay to wait to submit your application.
- Third Step:
Once your application is submitted, it cannot be changed. If the applicants submit their applications earlier, they can avoid inconveniences.
- Fourth step:
If online submission is not possible, you can also apply by mail. The candidates can find the contact information according to their country. Visit your country’s profile to get a hard copy of your application form and other templates.