The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year to outstanding students from select developing countries. The purpose of these scholarships is to produce influential scholars who can go on to change the future for the better. Let’s explore the Aga Khan Foundation’s scholarship program and how it’s creating a brighter future!
- Country of Study: Any international university except universities in UK, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, Italy, Norway and Ireland
- Funded by: The Aga Khan Foundation
- Type: Partially funded
- Education level: Master’s and PhD degrees
- Duration: In line with the university of choice
- Deadline:31st March 2023
About the Aga Khan Foundation
The Aga Khan Foundation is an international development organization founded in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan, the spiritual leader of the Ismaili Muslim community. The Foundation works in 30 countries worldwide, helping to improve the quality of life for millions of people. The Foundation is a non-denominational organization & its programs are open to people of all backgrounds. The Foundation supports education, health, rural development, and cultural programs. One of its initiatives is to provide a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of funding their education. Through this scholarship, the Aga Khan Foundation aims to develop effective scholars who will go on to contribute meaningfully to their communities and countries.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
The Aga Khan Foundation provides a small number of scholarships each year to deserving students from developing nations who have no other source of support. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must fulfil the following requirements:
• Be citizens of a developing country listed on the Foundation’s list of eligible countries
• Have excellent academic results
• Demonstrate their commitment to working in the development
• Has no other means of funding their education.
• Have an undergraduate degree from a recognized institution of higher education
• Demonstrate financial need
• Must be willing to pursue full-time postgraduate studies at a recognized university or institute
• Must exhibit active participation in extracurricular activities.
• Excellent command of the English language or as required by the chosen institute
How to apply for the scholarship?
There are only a few steps involved in applying for the Aga Khan Foundation scholarship; they are as follows:
- Check Eligibility:
First, you must make sure that you are eligible for the scholarship. The Aga Khan Foundation provides scholarships to students from select developing countries with no other means of funding their education. Check the list of eligible countries to make sure you qualify.
- Download and Complete the Application Form:
Once you’ve confirmed that you meet the criteria, you can download and complete the application form on the Foundation’s website.
- Submit Supporting Documentation:
Along with the application form, you will need to provide supporting documents such as transcripts, certificates, letters of recommendation, & proof of financial need. Make sure all of these documents are included when submitting your application.
- Submit the Application:
You can submit your application online or by mail when all your documents are ready. Make sure to include all necessary documentation, as incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Await Decision:
You will receive notification of the decision within six to eight weeks. If successful, you will receive further instructions on how to proceed with the scholarship process. That’s all it takes to apply for the Aga Khan Foundation scholarship! So sign up today, get motivated, and get one step closer to fulfilling your postgraduate goals!
Benefits of the Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships
– Awardees receive a monthly stipend to cover accommodation, books, and other costs associated with their studies
– Partial tuition fees are covered, depending on the study program. A competitive application process is held once a year in June or July to award scholarships on a 50% grant & 50% loan basis.
– Successful applicants may also receive a return airfare
– In some cases, additional funds are available for research projects or fieldwork
– Scholarships provide access to educational opportunities that would otherwise be unavailable to students from developing countries
– The Aga Khan Foundation actively supports scholars in achieving their academic and professional goals
– Awardees receive guidance, advice, and networking opportunities that help them develop into successful global citizens
By providing this scholarship, the Foundation hopes to create a more equitable world & empower individuals to reach their full potential. If you are a student looking for financial support for your postgraduate studies, take the time to explore the Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship program. This might be the ideal opportunity!