A considerable number of women are fascinated with growing and advancing their education and the pursuit of a professional career. Scholarship programs make this goal achievable. In this article, we will be going over one of such scholarships available for women – The AAUW International Scholarship/Fellowships in the USA. Stay tuned.
- Country: United States
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Offered by: Government of United States
- Institutions: All US-Accredited Universities
- Type: Fully Funded one-time scholarship
- Degree Program: Master, Doctoral, Postdoctoral
- Scholarship Amount: Postdoctoral: $25,000; Doctoral: $25,000; Masters: $20,000.
- Deadline: 15th November 2023.
AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women
The American Association Of University Women (AAUW) assists women who are not citizens or permanent residents of the US with an international fellowship to research or study full-time in the US for a postdoctoral or graduate program. The program is available at all accredited institutions in the US.
AAUW International Fellowships Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the International Scholarship/Fellowship, candidates must fulfill the following requirements,
- Candidates must be citizens of a foreign country outside the US.
- Candidates must have a degree identical to the US bachelor’s degree before the deadline date for application.
- Candidates must be ready to engage in full-time study throughout the fellowship year.
- Candidates must also have an intention of pursuing a career after their studies.
- Candidates must present valid English proficiency results such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Candidates must have submitted their applications before the deadline of 15th November 2022.
- Postdoctoral candidates must show their doctoral degree on or before 15th November 2022. Candidates must also specify where they would carry out their research study.
- Candidates applying for a Doctoral and master’s degree must have enrollment in a US-accredited university during the scholarship year.
Candidates for the AAUW International fellowships are chosen for educational accomplishment and exemplified obligation to girls and women.
Benefits Of The AAUW International Fellowships
Benefits of the International Fellowship funds include coverage for:
- Education expenses.
- Living expenditures.
- Minor child care.
- Tours to professional conferences, seminars, or meetings that are at most 10% of the fellowship total.
Check the official website below to apply online.