S.S. Leviathan at Southampton
Originally built as the S.S. Vaterlandfor the Hamburg American Line in 1913, this transatlantic liner was once the largest passenger vessel in the world. Seized by the United States and renamed the U.S.S. Leviathan by President Wilson in 1917, the vessel spent her later years as a passenger liner for the United States Lines, as shown in this poster. She was broken up in 1938.
National Archives, Records of the U.S. Shipping Board